Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another New Member Intro

What a great idea! I had no idea there were so many of us, though I really shouldn't have been surprised. :) Two of my very favorite things that go so well together-- hockey and knitting! [thanks for the comment about the KAL in your blog, Dipsy D! :) ]

I've been a Caps fan since I was born-- I grew up in the DC area and recently moved back to DC. I'm also a Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) and Calder Cup Champ Hershey Bears (AHL, also the Caps affiliate) fan. I have Caps season tickets, so I go to a lot of games! I'll watch any team play though, and my DH and I love to take road trips to see other teams play (we actually met because of hockey).

I have some charity knitting and crocheting in progress and this is a perfect way to work on more of it! I will probably work on some Dulaan and/or CIC projects as well as some local hospital projects I have in progress.

I look forward to this KAL -- tonight my boys kick off their season at MSG against Lesley's Rangers and I will be set up in front of the tv to knit and watch! :)

-jess [the fiber fetishist]

2 comments:

twig said...

I have bet my husband that no matter the channel, Malik's goal from the marathon shootout last season will be shown tonight. Please let me know if it's on the channel you get. I *think* that NHL Center Ice will be showing the MSG broadcast so I'll have a different view.

Good luck tonight. But not too much luck. *laugh*

twig said...

oh and would you rather be listed as Jess in the side bar under the Caps?