Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finally!

I've been waiting so long for this. I cast on a project that's not for me or my family. Yay! Here's a picture of the swatch for a doggie sweater I'm making this week. It may not count as charity, but it's a surprise gift and I plan to use the rest of the yarn for either more dog sweaters or a pet blanket for the local vet.


I could not, could not, could not get the blue anywhere near the actual shade. It's more of an electric royal blue, and if you look at it for too long in fluorescent light, it messes with your eyes. And that's okay, because the sweater is going to this guy:
Check out those eyelashes! Don't they look fake? This is Buddy, and he's a schnauzer puppy (23 weeks). He belongs to a friend of the family I'm living with, and his owner recently lost her other dog. He got his first haircut last week (she doesn't like the regular schnauzer beard look, so he's just got a puppy cut right now), and it was mentioned in passing that the Canadian mornings are getting chillier for the morning walks, so while his owner was otherwise distracted, I took Buddy's measurements. I'm sneaky like that.

Oh, and another thing that happened today?
My Columbus Blue Jackets beat the Wild. Oh, that felt good. :)

2 comments:

twig said...

What a cutie he is!

barbp said...

Aww what an adorable pooch. Grrr, ruff good boy.

Congrats on your teams win!